Tires are a key component of your car. Tires are directly linked to the overall performance of your vehicle on the road. An effective tire maintenance service helps your car to run seamlessly on the road as well as assuring the safety of the driver and passengers. One more unknown fact is that your car’s tires affect the gas mileage as well. Thus, tire maintenance helps in saving money on gas as well.
Tires affect nearly everything about your car. They include:
- Fuel efficiency
Tires are the mainstay of your car’s operational efficiency. Tires keep your car moving on the road and hence periodic tire maintenance is a must to keep them in good shape.
Tire maintenance helps you to:
- Achieve optimum fuel economy
- Get a better gas mileage
- Save money at the gas station
- Improve the overall vehicle performance
- Increase the life of your automobile
- Prevent environmental pollution due to less vehicular exhaust
Here are some of the best practices for increasing your car’s fuel economy from the tires.
1) Tire change
- If you are happy with the performance given by the set of tires that came along with your car, you should go in for the same brand.
- Going in for low rolling resistance tire change enables your vehicle to move by minimizing energy (gasoline) wastage due to the reduced rolling effort.
- When you are opting for a tire change, choose the tire model having a higher fuel efficiency rating.
2) Tire pressure
- Keeping your car’s tires properly inflated is an important aspect of tire maintenance.
- Both overpressure and under pressure can severely affect the life of the tires.
- Inflation pressure in tires must be checked at least once or twice a month, especially when the tires are cool.
- Assure to have the correct tire pressure as it helps you boost the fuel economy and save a lot of money.
- Driving at the wrong psi pressure will unnecessarily result in the burning of more fuel, increase the pressure on the car engine and severely affect the life of the tires.
- Driving at 20-25%increased pressure decreases tire life by 30%.
- Driving at 20% under pressure increases the fuel consumption of your car by 10%.
3) Tire rotation
- Tire rotation is an effective way to increase the longevity of your car’s tires.
- It is advised to adhere to your vehicle manufacturer’s manual for the tire rotation interval.
- Most vehicle manufacturers recommend tire rotation after 5000 miles.
- Tire rotation at the right time prevents your tires from wearing out unevenly.
- Tire rotation also extends the life of your car’s tires, thus enabling you to save money and time in the long run.
4) Loading capacity of tires
- Every tire has a unique load capacity.
- Exceeding the loading capacity reduces the lifespan of the tires.
- Crossing the specified loading index mentioned in the tires results in increased fuel consumption.
What is keeping you waiting? Go in for Urban Lube tire maintenance services without any delay.