Just like an engine and battery, tires are also an important component of your vehicle. To keep your car in control, tires play a vital role. Therefore, regular tire change and replacement and tire rotation are important to keep your vehicle in good condition. However, many vehicle owners in Canada tend to overlook the importance of tire rotation.
Tire change and replacement are considered to be an expensive affair as you are buying new tires and replacing them with existing ones. Hence, you need to take care of your vehicle’s tires in order to prolong their life and get a switch drive every time. One easy and effective way to keep tires in good shape is tire rotation until a tire change is necessary.
What Does Tire Rotation Mean?
- Tire rotation refers to the process of changing the position of tires at regular intervals of time.
- Every time a tire swap is carried out, the position of your vehicle’s tires gets changed.
Why is Tire Rotation Essential?
- Increases the longevity of the tires with the need for mobile tire changing services
- Provides top-notch tire performance
- Offers a smooth and safe ride on the road
- Equalizes the natural tread wear patterns on the tires
- Avoids early tire change and replacement
- Prevents front tires from wearing down quickly
How Often Should Tire Rotations be Done?
The frequency of tire rotation depends on two key factors:
- The way you drive
- The type of roads on which you drive
It is recommended that you should go for a tire rotation at least once in every six months or 5,000 miles whichever comes first.
Where Can You Get a Tire Rotation Done?
If you have the expertise and tools, you can do tire replacement on your own. If you don’t, you can easily search the tire swap near me. You will find many mobile tire changing service providers who perform tire rotation, too.
Not opting for a tire rotation at the right time may damage your tires permanently and you may have to go for a tire change, which can be quite expensive.
Which are The Different Tire Rotation Patterns?
The different tire rotation patterns followed by tire change and replacement companies depend on the type of vehicle you drive.
Before choosing the right and most appropriate tire rotation pattern for your car, the tire change Regina company will first carefully assess the condition of the tires and your vehicle.
1) Type of vehicle: Front-wheel drive (FWD)
Rotation pattern followed: Forward cross
- Front tires are moved to the rear directly without changing the sides.
- Rear tires are moved to the front. Sides are interchanged diagonally.
2) Type of vehicle: Rear-wheel drive (RWD)
Rotation pattern followed: Rearward cross
- Front tires are moved to the rear with the change of sides.
- Rear tires are moved to the front directly without any change of side.
3) Type of vehicle: All Wheel Drive (AWD) and Front Wheel Drive (FWD)
Rotation pattern: X-pattern
- Front tires are moved to the rear with sides switched.
- Rear tires are moved to the front with sides switched.
Read Next Blog: