The importance of engine oil cannot be denied. It not only lubricates parts of the engine, but it also ensures the high performance of the vehicle. This makes it necessary to change the engine oil at a regular interval. There are various myths related to the engine oil and oil change Regina. We will burst those myths in this blog post.
1. Before a Road Trip, Engine Oil Must be Changed
We debunk this myth now to save some money for you. There’s only three conditions that mean you need an oil change before your road trip:
- You have a scheduled appointment for an oil change Regina right before the trip or during the days of the trip
- You have a scheduled appointment for an engine oil change on the same day or within a few days after coming back from the trip
- If your vehicle leaks oil or the oil level is not as per the recommendation in your vehicle
2. After Every 3,000 Miles, an Oil Change is Necessary
Each vehicle needs oil change based on various factors. There is no hard rule for an engine oil change interval. The best approach is following the manual of the manufacturer for an oil change in Regina. Remember, you do not need to change the oil after every 3000 miles because:
- Modern engines are more resilient
- Modern oils such as synthetic oil are better
3. Oil Filter Does Not Need To Be Changed with Each Oil Change
You will make a huge mistake by believing this myth. If you do not change the oil filter every time you change engine oil, you will have a filter full of impurities. They can make their way to the engine oil you have just refilled, which further results in damages.
4. Only One Type of Engine Oil Must be Used
Some people say, once you start using synthetic oil, there is no way back to use regular oil. This is not true at all. You can change the type of oil as and when needed, of course after consultation from your vehicle service center. Normally, changing from regular oil to synthetic oil and vice verse does not damage your engine.
Read Next Blog: Top 5 Advantages of Periodic Synthetic Oil Change in Vehicles
5. Synthetic Oil Gives Greater Mileage
Not completely true. Compared to other petroleum-based engine oils, synthetic oil lasts longer. This is because of its characteristics such as:
- It does not allow the formation of too many deposits
- It can work efficiently even in extremely high temperature
- It provides superior stability to the engine
- It protects the engine against wear
6. Synthetic Oil Tends to Leak
This is one of the biggest myths amongst people using oil change in Regina. Oil leaks only when you overfill it or you have leakage. People think that synthetic oil is greasier because it is thinner. This property of synthetic oil helps to deliver better performance, but it does not make it slip through cracks, holes, etc.
Read Next Blog: How Much Does an Oil Change Cost at Urban Lube