Buying a car is easy but maintaining it is difficult. Canadians love their vehicles and consider them to be a part of their family.
They pay attention to a lot of things in their cars. Some of them are:
- Wear and tear of tires
- Air pressure in tires
- Mobile battery replacement
- Coolant levels and replacement
- Motor oil replacement
- Air filter checks
One essential, but often overlooked component of the car is the transmission. Keeping the transmission of your vehicle healthy is vital. However, a transmission oil change is often neglected in auto maintenance services. The transmission of a vehicle is designed to seamlessly transfer power from the engine to the wheels. A healthy transmission is crucial to ensure the smooth functioning of the car at different speeds. Similar to engine oil, which is vital for the lubrication of different engine components, a transmission oil change is crucial to keep the transmission parts lubricated and prevent them from overheating, too.
Taking proper care of the transmission and maintaining it means increased longevity for your vehicle’s transmission and the vehicle.
Here are the top 5 Benefits of a Transmission Oil Change for your vehicle.
1) Minimize Transmission Issues
- The transmission fluid becomes contaminated with debris or dirt as you drive the vehicle.
- Dirty and contaminated transmission fluid will no longer be able to provide the power and lubrication to the vehicle’s transmission.
- On-time warranty approved oil change helps to prevent serious transmission problems in the future.
2) Improve Fuel Economy
- Transmission oil change on a regular basis helps your engine to run seamlessly and become more fuel-efficient.
- This results in lower fuel consumption for long-distance travel.
3) Optimized Functioning of the Engine
- A transmission oil change is not only beneficial for the transmission of your car, but also for the engine.
- Fresh transmission fluid will improve the efficiency of your vehicle’s engine and keep it well lubricated.
A warranty approved oil change means your vehicle’s engine will never go into a lock-up mode.
4) Save Money for
- Transmission replacements or repairs are quite expensive and may cost even thousands of dollars.
- A periodic transmission oil change helps in preventing damage or any fault in the transmission parts.
- This increases the lifespan of your vehicle’s transmission and saves money by moving ahead into the future.
5) Seamless Gear Shifting
- Transmission oil change eliminates the old blackish oil having lots of debris.
- Old transmission oil would clog the gears, resulting in a problem in gear shifting.
- Clean transmission oil makes gear shifting seamless and convenient.
- You can increase and decrease speed by shifting gears without any hassles.
Most vehicle manufacturers recommend a transmission oil change every 30,000 – 40,000 miles. However, it is best to keep checking the condition of the transmission fluid at regular intervals.
If you are located in or around Calgary in Canada, you can take the benefits of mobile oil change service in Calgary.
Read Related Blogs: