You cannot do much about increasing gas prices. However, you can definitely do much about increasing fuel efficiency, getting some extra miles and saving you money. Let’s check some of the major ways of saving money on gas by increasing fuel efficiency:
1. Make Sure Tires are in Good Condition
Believe it or not, all parts of the car (even your driving habits!) contribute to your fuel use. Here are some of the tips you must keep in mind:
- Invest in regular tire changes and replacement service if your tires are too old and worn.
- Regularly check the tire pressure and do what’s necessary to make sure it has the required air pressure.
2. Stay Conscious About Some Driving Habits
Tire changes and replacements are not enough. You also need to be conscious about some of your driving habits such as:
- Do not indulge your racing instincts… For safety and fuel consumption – go easy on the acceleration and breaking.
- Steady driving contributes to good fuel efficiency. Try and maintain your speed when driving distances.
3. Take Good Care of the Engine
Engine performance unquestionably contributes to gas usage and money saving on gas. Thus, you must get vehicle service at regular intervals. Oil is an important element to enhance and maintain the performance of the engine. Regular oil changes in Regina are inevitable. You should also change the air filter at a regular interval.
4. Do Not Carry Too Much Weight
Yes, you read it right. The more weight you carry in the car the more gas it will burn. It is necessary to be conscious of what you are carrying with you in the car. Some tips for keeping an eye on your load weight:
- Empty your back seats and trunk whenever possible
- Do not give a lift to too many people unless it is unavoidable
- Fill your tank half full of fuel rather than getting it filled completely. This reduces the overall weight. However, keep an eye on the situation – you don’t want to be left stranded with no station to fill the gas and no fuel.
5. Use fewer Comfort Features
Modern cars and other vehicles as well come with an amazing range of amenities to make your drive more comfortable and pleasant such as:
- Open sunroof
- Open windows
- Heated seats
- Air conditioner
Use of these comfort features while driving the car often increases gas consumption.
Read To Know More: How Much Does an Oil Change Cost at Urban Lube?
6. Tune-up your Car with a Reliable Service Provider
It is necessary to go for regular tune-ups for the car or any other vehicle you use. They will do an oil change Regina and other tune-ups, which reduces gas consumption.
Urban Lube has many delighted customers that have used their tire change and replacement in Regina, synthetic oil changes, and many other services to keep the vehicle fuel-efficient and save money on gas. Contact Urban Lube to get your vehicle inspected and tuned to keep it fuel-efficient.