Being a Canadian resident, you would be quite familiar with what the winter brings in every year. With the temperature dropping to a single-digit figure, winter driving conditions in Canada are the most challenging and dangerous even for a seasoned driver. The ice and snow-covered roads along with the gusty chilling winds, sleet, and slush really puts your driving skills to the test. Due to dangerous driving conditions during winter in Canada, it is time for you to opt for a winter tire change service.
Here are some questions that are likely to come to your mind like most other vehicle-owners in Canada.
- How many tires do I really need to get changed?
- Is winter tire change necessary?
- Can I get away with a tire change and replacement of only two tires, either the front or the rear?
- Won’t my all-season tires work in winters as well?
The answer to all these questions is simple and the same.
It is highly recommended to get a complete set of winter tires installed in your vehicle during winters from a reliable provider of tire change and replacement.
Here are the major reasons explained for you to understand why changing all four tires for winter driving is not a luxury, but a necessity:
1. Replacing Only Two Tires Out of Four Tires Can Be Hazardous
- Getting only two out of the four tires replaced for winter driving (either front or rear) means your vehicle would have dual traits.
- Winter tires and the already existing tires would function in the opposite manner. One set (winter tires) would perform brilliantly, while the other summer or all-season tires would lag in performance.
- This may lead to loss of control due to understeering or oversteering any time while driving.
2. Balanced Traction On All Four Sides of the Vehicle
- Winter tire change in a complete set of four means uniform traction on all four corners of your vehicle.
- This translates to a superior grip and improved control of your vehicle while driving during winter conditions.
3. Smooth and Comfortable Ride
- Winter tires are specifically crafted for driving even during heavy snowfall and ice on the road.
- Winter tires have much wider treads in comparison to summer and all-season tires.
- Winter tire change of all tires means improved acceleration and braking while driving on the snow-covered or slushy roads in Canada.
- With all four tires matching on your vehicle, you get a smooth and comfortable ride on the road.
4. Safe and Hassle-Free Ride
- Having all four winter tires means improved directional stability and safety on the road not just for you, but for your family and others driving on the same road, too.
Even though winter tire changes for all four corners of your vehicle might cost more, it is well worth the investment considering the benefits offered.
Book an appointment today to change tires!
Read Next Blog: