For the success of any fleet, it is important for all the vehicles to keep running seamlessly. Vehicle breakdown can be a severe problem for any freight hauling business. An increase in vehicle downtime can dramatically impact the capability and efficiency of a fleet. Downtime of vehicles results in loss of productivity and revenue. Hence, fleet owners need to go for automotive fleet services and avoid fleet breakdowns.
Here are the Various Tips for Preventing Common Fleet Breakdowns:
- Freight hauling businesses should hire a company offering professional automotive fleet services that performs an inspection on a regular basis.
- The inspection done must be meticulous and needs to be conducted on a regular basis by the automotive fleet services
- On-site fleet services include a comprehensive inspection of the fleet vehicles, which help identify minor problems.
- These services can prevent small problems from becoming major repairs in the long run, which may otherwise lead to unforeseen vehicle breakdowns.
- Prevention is better than cure. This is not just true for human beings, but also for the fleet of vehicles as well.
- The routine maintenance program that is a part of automotive fleet services helps fleet owners to diagnose and repair minor issues with the vehicles to reduce the downtime before any major problems can happen.
- Preventive maintenance by an expert fleet service provider at the right time can replace those vehicle components that have reached their lifespan with new components rather than waiting for them to fail on the road.
Check our Complete Guide for Fleet Maintenance
Choosing the Right Vehicles
- The choice of vehicles for any fleet depends on the freight hauling requirements and the individual jobs that the business needs to undertake.
- In the auto world, there are so many brands and models with proven track records.
- Being a fleet owner, it is important to select those vehicles that need low maintenance.
- After choosing a particular vehicle, it is the responsibility of the fleet owner to assign the right job to it.
- A major cause of untimely vehicle breakdown is overloading.
- Overloading of vehicles can reduce the braking speed and braking distance, thus making the vehicle more vulnerable to accidents.
Changing the Engine Oil and Coolant
- The engine oil and coolant are two liquids that keep the vehicle running seamlessly.
- Engine oil is the lifeblood of the engine. Coolant helps to prevent overheating of the vehicle.
- Changing the engine oil and coolant at regular intervals after the recommended mileage is a key aspect of automotive fleet services.
Training the Vehicle Drivers
- Following the best practices while driving is crucial to increasing the longevity of the vehicles.
- Proper training of the drivers and encouraging safe driving is indispensable for reducing downtime.
The impact of downtime can be felt by all businesses. Hence, it is crucial to go for automotive fleet services. Urban Lube’s On-site fleet services manage the fleet effectively, reduce downtime, and increase the productivity of businesses.
Read Next Blog: Benefits of Using Fleet Tire Service from Urban Lube