During winter, it gets really cold in Canada with the temperatures dropping sub-zero. Snow and ice get accumulated on the roads. During such harsh conditions, how to drive safely becomes an important question?
This is where winter tire change comes into the picture.
What are Winter Tires?
- Many believe that winter tires are only essential when there is too much snow or ice accumulated on the road. However, this is not true.
- Winter tires are specifically designed and engineered to perform as soon as the temperature starts falling below 7o
- The compounds used to manufacture winter tires help them maintain elasticity even in the freezing temperatures in Canada.
- A winter tire change means superior grip and traction while driving in the extremely cold climate conditions in winter.
- The treads of winter tires have a specific pattern that is designed to not only provide improved grip and traction when there is snow accumulated on the road, but also to overcome still water on the road.
Benefits Offered by Winter Tire Change and Replacement
If you are staying in and around Regina in Canada, it makes sense for you to go for winter tire change just before the winter arrives.
Here are the major benefits that winter tire change and replacement Regina will offer.
Extend Braking Distances
- During winter conditions in Canada, the accumulation of ice, snow, and water on the roads occurs. This increases the braking distance.
- Winter tire change will help reduce the braking distance on the road by some meters compared to summer tires.
- The reduced braking distance helps maintain more control of the vehicle and prevents accidents from happening.
Improved Grip and Performance
- The winter tires installed during winter tire change and replacement Regina are made from a flexible and elastic rubber compound.
- Winter tire change provides better grip, improved traction, and handling when driving in the cold weather and wet roads in Canada.
Minimizing the Aquaplaning
- Winter tires have unique tread patterns, which help to disperse more water from beneath the tires.
- This lowers the chances of aquaplaning on roads that have dangerous stagnant water.
Safe Driving Experience
- Winter tire change and replacement Regina assures you get complete peace of mind when driving on the Canadian roads during winter.
- Better control and traction along with improved braking and handling offer a safe driving experience.
Tips for Buying Quality Winter Tires
When going for a winter tire change and replacement Regina, here are some things to keep in mind to buy the best ones for your vehicle.
- Make sure that you go for a winter tire change of all four tires.
- All four winter tires must be of the same brand and model.
- Hire a professional and expert for a winter tire change.
- Check the tire size of all four tires.
- Look for the snowflake in the mountain mark on the tires.
Urban Lube provides the Tire Change service at your doorstep. Contact us now!