To save yourself from major expenses or accidents, you need to maintain your car. Tires are one of the most important parts of your car and need regular care. There are two reasons to ensure your tires are in good condition and if not, you must invest in mobile tire changing services:
- Good condition of tires keeps you safe and
- Good conditions of tires keep your pocketbook safer
By investing in regular summer tire change or winter tire change, you not only extend the life of the tires, but also save money on gas. Of course, staying safe is a bonus as if your tires do not have a good grip on the road, it will definitely lose traction and lead to accidents.
To assure tire safety, you need to examine the conditions of tires or take the help of winter or all season tire change experts. If you want to inspect tire conditions by yourself, we will cover two important aspects to gauge the condition of the tires:
- Tire Pressure
Maintaining the right air pressure in the tire is essential for three reasons:
- Assured safety
- Better performance
- Fuel economy
You can take the help of an expert on summer tire change or all season tire change to ensure the right tire pressure. To maintain the right tire pressure, follow these steps:
- Check the correct pressure needed by checking the manufacturer manual or look at the door at the driver’s side.
- Check tire pressure every time you get fuel or at least once a month.
- If you are running a car with lower air pressure than recommended by your manufacturer, it can damage your tire by making it flat.
- If you have higher than recommended tire pressure, it will make the tire harder.
- Tire Tread Depth
Tire tread depth is prone to wear, which can make your tires bald. Balder tire easily loses grip and leads to accidents. Thus, it is necessary to inspect the tire tread depth to assure whether you need all season tire change, winter or summer tire change now or not. Here is an effective method to examine this by using a toonie, or quarter:
Place the toonie in the tread of all tires of your vehicle one by one:
- If the tire tread covers half or more than half of the letters, do not wait anymore. Contact experts to get mobile tire changing services.
- If half of the silver part is covered, it means the tire is worn by 50%. It indicates the tire is still in good condition, but soon you will need winter, summer, or all season tire change.
- If the tread covers the toonie less than 10%, then your tire is good and you do not need a tire change.
Read Related Blog: Difference between All-Season vs All-Weather vs Winter Tires
Older tires not only makes the ride expensive but also dangerous. Investing in tire change is better than more expensive repairs.