A semi truck being a commercial vehicle has different oil change intervals compared to a private vehicle. For fleet owners, truck drivers, and owner-operators, it is crucial to know when a semi truck needs an oil change in Calgary. Generally, a semi truck requires a mobile oil change service after 25,000 miles. However, most often, a semi truck is easily driven for more than 25,000 miles, before a driver or fleet owner chooses to search for semi truck oil change near me.
Why is Oil Change Important for a Semi Truck?
- An oil change is a key aspect of preventive maintenance for semi trucks.
- Oil is the lifeblood of the engine and ensures that it functions seamlessly.
- It keeps the engine well-lubricated.
- It helps to increase the longevity of a semi truck’s engine.
- Investing in a semi-truck oil change near me means a lower cost of ownership and higher ROI in the future.
- Regular oil change improves fuel economy, too.
How to Increase the Oil Change Interval for Your Semi Truck?
- Following the best driving practices on the road and driving efficiently means you won’t have to go for a mobile oil change service that frequently.
- Drive at constant speeds on the highway and avoid sudden braking.
- Carry out routine maintenance of the semi truck’s engine.
- The oil change frequency is also determined by external factors such as the climate, road conditions, and pollution in the environment.
- Driving in rough terrains, multiple climate zones (severe heat and severe cold), and places that have a lot of pollution can deteriorate the quality of oil quickly, which requires you to go for semi truck oil change near me more frequently.
- High quality oil lasts much longer and also protects the engine better compared to poor quality oil.
How to Find Your Semi Truck Needs an Oil Change in Calgary?
Being a trucker, owner-operator, or fleet owner, you need to know when to go for an oil change in Calgary. Performing an oil change for your semi truck is vital to keep it in good health and prevent any major expenses.
The owner’s manual will give you an idea about the time interval for carrying out an oil change for your semi truck. However, there are other indicators as well based on which you can decide when to look for semi truck oil change near me.
- Oil sensors in the truck indicate that the oil level is low or it has reached the end of its life.
- Oil dipstick shows degraded oil.
- Oil dipstick indicates that the oil level is extremely low.
- If the oil shows sludgy particles or deposits of dirt, then it is time for a mobile oil change service.
The question ‘How often should you change your semi truck oil?’ will have different answers for every trucker and semi-truck. Follow the tips and facts shared in this blog to know the oil change interval for your semi truck.
Book an appointment for warranty-approved oil change at Urban Lube today!
Read Next Blog: