When a vehicle breaks down unexpectedly, the real problems have just started for a fleet manager. It results in unforeseen expenses for your fleet, which may put a dent in the overall budget of the fleet operations.
- A single incident of vehicle breakdown can seriously impact the business.
- Vehicle downtime is part and parcel of every fleet operation. However, fleet managers must take steps to lower the risk of unscheduled vehicle downtime.
- When a vehicle suddenly becomes unavailable for use, it can negatively affect your entire business.
Vehicle downtime can significantly hit the bottom line of your business as unscheduled repairs involve both hard costs and soft costs.
Cost of Repairing the Vehicle
- To get the vehicle back running seamlessly on the road, you have to spend a lot of money on automotive fleet services getting it repaired if you already don’t have a contract with any reliable company.
- On site fleet services involve the use of labour to fix the vehicle plus purchasing the replacement parts as well.
- If the vehicle cannot be fixed by on site fleet services, it needs to be sent off site which means even higher expenses.
Expenses for Towing
- If your vehicle breaks down suddenly in the middle of the road, far away from any repair station, you will have to get it towed to the nearby repair centre offering automotive fleet services.
- Expenses for towing directly impact your fleet budget as towing a vehicle is not cheap.
Loss of Revenue
- When a vehicle breaks down, it is unable to perform the tasks that it usually does – transportation of goods, passengers, and making scheduled deliveries.
- This results in tremendous revenue loss for your business.
- Repeated delays in deliveries will create a negative impact on the customers.
- Late deliveries due to vehicle breakdown and ineffective on site fleet services will decrease the customer lifetime value.
- Late deliveries also negatively impact the customer retention rate.
Loss of Productivity
- When your vehicle is off the road and your drivers are waiting for the completion of automotive fleet services, that time is completely wasted.
- If the driver is unable to cover the routes that were assigned to him, it would mean a significant loss of productivity and paying a driver for an unscheduled time off.
- This would result in additional pressure on other fleet vehicles to cover for the vehicle breakdown.
How Can You Reduce the Downtime for Your Fleet?
- The answer is simple. By approaching an expert and experienced company offering site fleet services and automotive fleet services.
- Automotive fleet services from a professional company can put your vehicle on the road again in minimal time.
- On site fleet services deliver the right kind of support that every fleet needs.
- Automotive fleet services can help save a lot of valuable time for fleet managers through speedy repairs and maintenance.
- Approaching a certified and approved on site fleet services provider will provide you exceptional service at an affordable price.
Read Next Blog: