Importance of Oil for your Vehicle
- It is the lifeblood of your car’s engine.
- It acts as a lubricant for the engine.
- It reduces the wear and tear of the engine. This increases its longevity and keeps your car running for a long time.
Considering how crucial oil is for your car, it is important to know the different types of oil available when you take your vehicle to a local shop or a service station based on various Oil Change Offers. When you look for ‘oil change service near me‘ on the go or search it on the internet, make sure that you choose the best oil according to your vehicle, budget, and requirement. Even though you may get wonderful Oil Change Offers on conventional oil, you must think about the environment as well.
Conventional Oil vs. Synthetic Oil: Understanding The Difference
- It is derived directly from refined crude oil.
- It is highly prone to chemical degradation under extreme conditions such as extreme temperatures and contamination.
- It does not last for a long time (smaller lifespan).
- It becomes extremely thick at lower temperatures, resulting in a lack of proper circulation in the engine.
- It has a lower viscosity index.
- It is highly volatile and vaporizes quickly.
- It releases a lot of toxic gases and pollutants in the atmosphere, hence is not environment friendly.
- It may lead to impaired engine performance if not replaced at the right time.
- It is less expensive.
- It is made up of artificially synthesized chemical compounds.
- It works better in extreme temperatures and is less susceptible to degradation.
- It lasts for a longer time duration. (Longer lifespan)
- It flows better at lower temperatures.
- It has a higher viscosity index.
- It is less volatile and does not vaporize quickly.
- It is environment-friendly as it releases lesser atmospheric pollutants.
- It circulates more efficiently in the engine, thus improving the overall engine performance.
- It is costly, nearly 2-4 times the cost of conventional oil.
Why Is Synthetic Oil Preferred Over Conventional Oil?
If you happen to come across various oil change offers while looking for an oil change service near me option, you should probably opt for synthetic oil after knowing its benefits.
1) Lesser Engine Deposits
Synthetic oil has lower impurities which mean lesser engine deposits. Synthetic oil being cleaner results in deposition of less amount of sludge in the engine.
2) Fewer Emissions
Going in for the synthetic oil change at a service station providing great oil change offers is not only beneficial for your car but for the environment too. This is because synthetic oil emits a lower number of greenhouse gases in the atmosphere.
3) Improved Gas Mileage
Synthetic oil results in improved engine performance which further leads to better mileage.
Urban Lube is well known for its mobile oil change and vehicle maintenance services, so if you are planning for the oil change then call us on 306-993-0991. We come to you at your home or work and do your oil change or vehicle maintenance services.