A dead car battery is common for Canadians during the winters when the temperature falls to freezing and sub-freezing levels. In such cases, you would need to opt for an onsite vehicle battery replacement.
There are several factors that reduce the longevity of the car battery and increase the need for mobile battery replacement. The most common reason is extreme temperatures, both during summer and winter. On average, most car batteries last for around 3 to 5 years, after which it is time for a mobile battery replacement in Calgary.
If you don’t take proper care of your car battery, battery life will reduce. Here are some useful tips using which you can increase the life of your car battery.
Keeping Battery Terminals Clean
- Prolonged use of a car battery without cleaning terminals may cause rust and dirt accumulation on positive and negative terminals.
- Accumulation of any kind of residues on the terminals can result in an obstruction in electric current
- To increase car battery life and reduce the need for onsite vehicle battery replacement, it is crucial to inspect and clean the battery terminals at least once a month.
- There are special corrosion and terminal cleaning sprays, which you can use.
- You need to ensure that the terminals are dry before you reconnect the wires.
- Timely cleaning of battery terminals.
Driving Your Vehicle Regularly
- If your car remains parked in the garage for several days, the car battery won’t get sufficient time to charge itself.
- Also, taking short trips is bad for the battery as it does not give it enough time to charge fully.
- In order to prevent early battery replacement, it is advisable to take your car out for a long drive on a regular basis.
- Driving the vehicle frequently will enable the battery to achieve a full charge.
Keep Car Accessories Turned Off Before Starting the Engine
- It is crucial to switch off all car accessories like radio, music player, air conditioner, GPS, etc. when the car is being turned on.
- Switching on the car accessories without starting the car engine will drain the car battery.
Replace Other Faulty Components
- Other faulty components for your car can have a negative impact on your car battery.
- Loose wiring, faulty fuses, and other problems with your car need to be fixed as soon as possible as they tend to drain the battery.
Avoid Driving During Extreme Temperatures
- You must avoid taking short trips on extremely freezing winter days or extremely hot days, as extreme temperatures can take a toll on your car’s battery.
Slow crank engine, dim lights, and ignition noise are some warning signs that the car’s battery is about to die. In such situations, it is best to opt for an onsite vehicle battery replacement from a reputed company.
Urban Lube is a professional, expert, and renowned company for mobile battery replacement in Calgary. Get your car’s battery inspected today from Urban Lube and if the condition is too bad, it is time for an onsite vehicle battery replacement.
Read Next Blog: