Any unforeseen situation can lead you and your vehicle stranded on the road. For this reason, emergency attentiveness is important, especially, for the harsh and extreme climatic conditions in Canada. You must keep an emergency kit to handle unanticipated car breakdowns.
Here is where your car emergency kit would come in handy.
Here are the 7 things that must be a part of your car emergency kit.
1. Emergency Battery Booster
- A dead battery is a common problem encountered by most vehicle owners in Canada.
- To solve the problem of a dead battery in Canada, having a powerful emergency battery booster is crucial.
- It can charge your car’s battery if the battery is completely dead and your vehicle fails to start.
- An emergency battery booster must be fully charged before you put it in the vehicle.
2. LED Flashlight with Extra Batteries
- Whether you need tire change and replacement due to a flat tire or if you want to inspect a problem under the hood in the dark, an LED flashlight will really come in handy.
- Old batteries in the flashlight may fail to work during the cold. Hence, it is best to put some spare batteries in your car emergency kit.
3. Smartphone Car Charger
- If something goes wrong on the road, a fully charged mobile phone will be a blessing to call some emergency numbers for help. For example, you may call a service center for an emergency battery booster.
- For keeping your smartphone charged up in case of emergencies, having a USB car charger with the right cord is a big lifeline.
4. First Aid Kit
- Many unexpected situations may need more than just a painkiller medicine or bandage.
- You must have a first aid kit in your vehicle containing antiseptic wipes, antibiotic ointment, band-aids, crepe bandages, triangular bandages, hand-gloves, scissors, gauze pads/rolls, etc.
5. Tire Change and Replacement Equipment
- During your travel, you need to be prepared for an emergency tire replacement.
- Be it any season, you need to have all the tools and equipment for a smooth tire change and replacement.
- Your tire change and replacement tools should include jack, wheel wrench, extension bar, lug wrench, wheel nut adapter.
- Of course, you need to also ensure that the spare tire is present in your vehicle.
6. Roadside Assistance Documents
- If you require any roadside assistance like towing the car, tire change and replacement, emergency battery booster, Urban Lube provides emergency roadside assistance services round-the-clock to ensure an uninterrupted journey.
- All you need to do is register for the roadside assistance program from Urban Lube and keep the documents handy with you.
- You may also call them to give you emergency services. Keep all vehicle documents and the number of Urban Lube stored in your phone, which is 306 993 0991.