One of the biggest dilemmas for vehicle owners in Canada is whether to go for an all season tire or summer tire. As the name indicates, all season tires perform well in all seasons and driving conditions. As the temperature increases during summer, it is advisable to go for a summer tire change.
Most Canadians prefer to use all season tires during summer, spring, and fall because it is less hassle-free than going for a tire change and replacement again and again as the seasons change. However, each type of tire has its own pros and cons based on different circumstances. It is necessary to understand the clear difference between summer and all season tires to choose the right one for your vehicle.
What are Summer Tires?
- Summer tires are specifically designed and manufactured for the summer months in Canada.
- As the temperature in summer increases, heat can cause softening of the rubber compound present in tires.
- Summer tires feature a specific rubber compound capable of withstanding the heat and high temperatures.
- A summer tire provides better traction and control on the hot highways during the summer.
- Summer tires deliver unparalleled performance in the warm seasons.
- Summer tires are great for high performance vehicles like sports cars, luxury SUVs and even everyday cars.
- When the average daily temperature rises above 44oF, summer tire replacement is recommended.
- Summer tires offer better fuel economy in the hot summer. This is mainly due to stiff construction of summer tires.
- The tread depths in summer tires are shallower and have fewer grooves, which results in more contact of tire rubber with the road. This ultimately means superior grip and stability when driving on the road.
What are All Season Tires?
- All season tires are designed and built for solid traction on the road in a wide range of conditions. They are not meant for performance handling, which makes all season tire change in high demand by Canadians.
- They offer balanced capabilities and performance both in dry and wet conditions.
- Unlike summer tires, which have shallow tread depths, all season tires have moderate tread depths.
- They are made of rubber compounds, which provide more tread life compared to summer tires.
- All season tires have the capability to provide some traction in winter. However, they are not suited for driving in extreme winter conditions.
- Since all season tires offer a perfect combination of both summer and winter performance, they are an ideal option for drivers in moderate driving conditions.
- All season tire is perfect for SUVs, passenger vehicles, and light trucks.
If you are planning for a tire change and replacement, the choice between an all season tire and summer tire depends on your vehicle, driving conditions, performance requirements, and of course personal preference as well. Make the right choice for a flawless driving experience.
Contact Urban Lube for all season tires and summer tires.
Read Next Blog: