Engine oil is important as it lubricates different parts of the engine. Moreover, engine oil reduces the wear, extends the lifespan of different parts in the engine, reduces engine heat, and gives many more benefits. It means engine oil is important to maintain the good performance of your vehicle. It further signifies the importance of regular oil changes.
Oil gets used while your vehicle is running and if you do not invest in oil change, it may:
- Overheat the engine
- Engine block may get cracked due to increased heat
In simple words, an oil change at regular intervals is mandatory. This is accepted by all and almost everyone goes for regular maintenance and an oil change in Regina. However, do you know that not only is a regular oil change a good idea, but regular oil level monitoring is also necessary.
Top Reasons to Monitor Oil Level Regularly
Generally, people do not bother to check the oil level until the oil change cycle is about to complete. However, this could be dangerous for your vehicle and sometimes for you as well. Remember, all cars do not follow the thumb rule of oil change Regina at a specific interval.
Any of the following three causes may need you to monitor oil level regularly:
- If you have an older car
- If there is an accidental leak
- If the car is burning more oil than usual
These three causes may require an early oil change than the predefined cycle. Not changing the oil when the level is low may result in major damages to your engine parts.
Older cars are more likely to be prone to leaks or burning oil.
If the oil is burning, you need to shorten the oil change Regina cycle. There are two major reasons for that:
- When there is a leak in the seals of the valve
- When engine oil bypasses the piston rings
How to Monitor The Oil Level?
You need to monitor whether your car is burning oil or if there is a leak. You can monitor this in two ways:
- Look for bluish smoke when you accelerate the car from the stop position or when you start the engine. This indicates the car is burning oil.
- Look for the oil level in the car. If it is going down faster than usual it means there can be a leak or oil burning.
Frequency of Oil Level Monitoring:
You might have a question about how often you should check the oil level or look for signs that indicate you need an oil change Regina. Here are the tips to follow:
- If you see bluish smoke while igniting the engine or accelerating from the stop position, you need to check the oil level daily
- If you have an old car, you should check the level daily or at least once a week
- If you have a new car, you can monitor the oil level once a week or once in a month
Read Related Blog:
Urban Lube offers mobile oil change services, so you just relax and the experts will take care of regular oil changes for your vehicle. Contact us now to book your oil change appointment.