When the temperature starts going down, many people in Canada start thinking about getting a mobile tire changing service to switch to winter tires. If you, too, are thinking this, this guide is going to be really helpful in not only selecting the right tires but also to know important facts related to winter tires and winter tire changes in Calgary.
Do You Need The Winter Tires or Not?
Many people have this question and if you are one of them, here is the answer to your question:
- If you experience snow in your area, you must change all four tires to winter tires
- If the temperature goes below 7oC where you drive, then you need to invest in a winter tire change service
- If you are facing traction issues during the winter, then also you need this type of tire change in Calgary
How To Choose Winter Tires?
Quality is a necessary factor else or it will become expensive and useless for you to get the tire change. For example, Chinese winter tires are inexpensive comparatively, but they wear out faster. That may lead you to invest in frequent mobile tire changing services.
Some tips to judge the tire quality:
- Compare tires by physically visiting the store
- You should choose tires that have large grooves as it gives better traction on slushy roads in winter
- Buy the winter tire which comes with rubber and a rim. The tire without a rim might seem cheaper, but the cost of the tire change in Calgary may increase as extra effort need to be added to fit the rubber on your rim.
- Get a studded tire, which makes the traction even better if snowfall and slushy roads are common in your region.
- Buy only those tires which have the Alpine logo on it.
- Use Branded Tires
The branded winter tire might be expensive, but the quality and performance are excellent. Some of the best-known brands in Canada for winter tires are:
- Toyo winter tires
- BFGoodrich winter tire
- Uniroyal winter tires
- Nexen winter tires
- Michelin winter tires
- Pirelli winter tires
- Goodyear winter tires
- Firestone winter tires
- Buy from a Reliable Provider
If you regularly use mobile tire changing services from a trusted service provider, then you should buy the winter tires from them. Your provider will select the right tires for you based on different factors. However, if you are not using a regular tire change in Calgary from a specific provider, then you need to visit authorized dealers or providers such as Costco, Walmart, Canadian Tire, etc.
Tips for Maintenance of Winter Tires:
- All four tires should be winter tires. Do not mix and match
- Inspect tire pressure regularly and maintain it
- Do not use winter tires in summer or any other season
- Keep your tires clean
Book an appointment for a winter tire change service in Calgary.
Read Related Blogs: