The tire is a crucial component of your commercial trucks. Despite being the main point of contact between the truck and the road surface, they are most often neglected and overlooked by drivers and fleet owners.
If you own or manage commercial trucks, it is essential to maintain the tires in prime condition. Otherwise, you may end up going for a mobile tire change and replacement
Why is Maintenance and Servicing of Commercial Truck Tires Important?
- Ensures seamless and smooth drive on the road
- Improves braking experience.
- Avoid breakdown or stoppages
- Better fuel mileage
- Cuts down on the cost of commercial truck tire change
- Increases the longevity of the tires
- Prevent blowouts and flattened tires on the road
- Adds the safety element while driving the truck
- Better grip and complete control of the truck while driving
- Increased braking distance
Top 5 Tips that Would Help Keep Your Truck Tires in Optimal Condition
1. Align the Truck Wheel
- One of the main reasons for the early need for a tire change and replacement is misaligned tires and wheels.
- If truck tires are not aligned properly, it causes uneven tread wear.
- Lack of proper wheel alignment will cause the tires to wear out quickly, thus resulting in the need for a commercial truck tire change.
- Hence, it is important to get your truck wheels aligned every 50,000 – 100,000KM
2. Keep the Tires and Wheels Clean
- In order to increase tire health and prolong its life, it is essential to keep your tires and wheels clean.
- Cleaning not only helps the tires to look good but also removes the mud, dirt, grease, and road salts from them.
- Regularly cleaning tires and wheels prevent their deterioration in the long run.
3. Optimal Tire Pressure
- Both underinflated and overinflated tires can damage the key components of your truck.
- In addition to reducing the lifespan of tires, driving a truck with either high or low air pressure in tires may cause safety concerns.
- Hence, in order to prevent the need for a mobile tire change and replacement, it is important to regularly check the air pressure in tires once a week.
4. Practicing the Right Driving Habits
- Caring for truck tires is necessary.
- Apply brakes suddenly at high speed and over-speeding are the two main bad driving practices that tend to damage tires significantly.
- To prevent sudden or too frequent commercial truck tire change, it is essential to follow the best driving practices.
5. Fix minor issues immediately
- If you find any minor wear and tear on your truck tires, it is advisable not to overlook it.
- Instead, getting minor tire problems fixed at the right time will help save money in the long run.
Read Next Blog: